The Tim Mills Memorial Bursary for LLM studies was established in 2013 in memory of Tim Mills, a former director of Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr.
Tim passed away on 24 May 2012. He was an exceptional employment lawyer but it was his incredibly generous spirit and irrepressibly good nature that endeared him most to colleagues, clients and the broader CDH family.
The Tim Mills Memorial Bursary is awarded to candidates intending to register for any LLM degree at a South African university.
The bursary will cover university/tuition fees only up to a maximum total amount of R25 000 per student for the duration of his/her studies.
This bursary may be awarded on an annual basis. The bursary committee reserves the right not to award this bursary in any particular year.
To be considered for a bursary, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- be a citizen or permanent resident of South Africa;
- be enrolled as a full-time student at a South African university for the LLB degree
Please take note that:
Each application for a bursary is considered on its own merit taking into account the financial merit of the application as well as the following factors:
- academic excellence;
- proven excellence in any other field; and
- financial need.
The following conditions apply to this bursary:
The successful candidate will be required to –
- provide updated academic results and progress reports if and when required;
- attend one of the CDH vacation programmes for law students; and
- agree to a right of first refusal with regard to articles of clerkship.
To download the application form: Click here