CODE 14 DRIVER
SA Metal Group is South Africa’s oldest and largest metal recycling company. The Group purchases and processes all forms of ferrous metals (steel and others) and non-ferrous metals (aluminum, copper and others) from industrial enterprises, scrap metal dealers and private individuals. Our processing facilities are located in and around Cape Town, Johannesburg and Pretoria. As of 2018, the Group is 99 years old.
The Transport Department requires a Code 14 Driver who will be responsible for driving a truck. Tasks include, amongst others:
- Responsible for the vehicle.
- Day to day inspection of the vehicle and to report all faults.
- Loading and off-loading various material and equipment
- Ensure adherence to the Road Traffic Act
- Ensure the safety of other road users
- Abide by the regulations as set out in Occupational Health and Safety Act, company policies and the regulations of the road.
- Navigate your way around Gauteng area.
- A minimum Grade 12 certificate
- Valid, unendorsed Code 14 license with valid PDP
- 3 years driving experience
- Hands on and practical approach to the job
- Roro /Tipper experience
- Hard working and self-motivated
- Effective communication skills – verbal and written
- Time management and organisational skills
- Display a professional work approach
- Excellent state of health
- Prepared to work overtime and weekends when needed
Type: Permanent appointment
15 working days leave per annum
06h00 – 15h30: Monday – Thursday
06h00 – 13h00: Friday
We offer a highly competitive package depending on the extent of the applicant’s qualifications and experience
Applicants are invited to apply online with a detailed CV and a motivational letter, outlining relevant experience, by 03 August 2018.
Applicants who have not been contacted within fourteen (14) days from the date of their submission should consider their application unsuccessful.
Job Type: Full-time
- Code 14 driving: 3 years
- Pretoria West
- Code 14 Driver’s Licence