A permanent position exists within the Corporate Secretariat and Records Department for a Records Administrative Officer (Client Securities), reporting to the Administrative Manager.
Purpose: To manage IDC’s client security records in line with IDC’s approved File Plan, policies for records management and procedures.
• Classify, index and Store all received physical and electronic client records (e.g. client securities, agreements etc) according to the approved File Plan and the IDC Records Procedure Manual;
• Index files according to the retention and disposal schedules and prepare files for disposal;
• Ensure the safe keeping and security of records;
• Maintain indexes for the File System;
• Scan received original securities into IDC’s electronic records management system using the correct metadata;
• Receive and analyze requests from Legal to release securities;
• Draw security documents relating to the paid up loans;
• Verification of the Account Manager’s checklist to ensure all the required documents are attached and in order for the first payment draw as per the Conditions Precedents.
• Acknowledge the receipt of bonds to outside Attorneys upon receipt by the IDC;
• Alert the Corporate Secretariat, Financial Management, Post Investment Monitoring and Legal Departments when additional client records are received in order for them to update their records;
• Attend to all queries and respond to requests for the retrieval of records;
• Keep indexes of records filed and or removed;
• Participation in any of the records management related initiatives or projects undertaken by the department.
• Exceptional administrative, organising and planning skills;
• Ability to work independently and within a team;
• Ability to prioritise and work under pressure;
• Attention to detail;
• Time Management;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
• Sound knowledge of MS Office i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
• Ensure confidentiality given the nature of the work;
• Good ethics, integrity and high level of professionalism.
Qualifications and Experience
1 to 3 years relevant Diploma or Certificate in Records Management or Archival Studies will be an added advantage;
1 to 2 years relevant working experience within a records management environment.
apply the job here