- Reporting to the Assistant Front Office Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that the highest standard of care and service is given to all our guests and to actively promote the Hotel and the facilities.
- To answer telephone calls, welcome visitors and direct them to the correct department/person in order to create a professional image of The Boardwalk Hotel, Convention Centre and Spa
- Matric/ Grade 12
- Hotel School diploma an advantage.
- 2-3 years experience in a similar or related position in a 4/5 star hotel environment
- Experience working with customers/general public essential.
Skills and Knowledge
- Computer literacy Opera (Front Office), MS Office.
- Familiar with OTA(Online Travel Agents) reservations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are essential.
- Positive thinking and a helpful attitude to fellow employees and guests.
- Accuracy/ Attention to Detail.
- Pleasant and presentable person with good telephone manners and listening skills.
Key Performance Areas:
- To assist the Hotel manager in achieving the objectives and targets for the department with a view towards guests satisfaction.
- To maintain and prepare for the effective registration of all guests to the Boardwalk Hotel.
- To check all daily arrivals and departures for smooth running of the front desk.
- To ensure that all calls are answered quickly and efficiently in accordance with standards laid down in the SOPs.
- To ensure that all guests are welcomed in a courteous, efficient and friendly manner.
- To liaise and work in harmony with other departments.
- To ensure that the banking is completed at the end of each shift according to the standards laid in the SOPs.
- Ensure all departures have cleared the system daily by 11h00 unless otherwise specified.
- To be aware of all guests in house and their special requirements.
- To work closely with housekeeping, updating them regularly about requests and details directly.
- To be aware of daily occupancies enabling rooms to be sold.
- To assist with reservations and the selling of rooms in accordance to occupancy and the laid down procedures.
- To be responsible for the hotel night front desk whilst on duty between 23h00 and 07h00
Preference will be given to employees from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998, SISA internal recruitment policy as well as units employment equity plans.