The Drawing Board – Pinetown, KwaZulu-Natal
This position is very systems oriented and needs to have a disciplined and detail-oriented applicant to be able to prioritise the daily procedures. Someone who is strict with following company procedures and keeping their work environment organised. The applicant needs to have had some sort of experience in dealing with stock previously, as well as manufacturing processes, to ensure efficiency of understanding the receiving and issuing of the stock. This position requires STRONG computer skills – training will be given, but the employee needs to have worked with Microsoft or manufacturing software in their previous position to be at the level to be trained. They will be required to understand the computer programmes quickly and have the ability to ensure the paperwork is completed efficiently.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Returns of stock & receipting of stock
- Checking material against master samples- Fleece, Fabrics, tricots
- Issue materials as per job cards.
- Ensure raw materials are received in good condition and to FLT Specs/ Incoming Inspection
- Knowledge of incoming Raw Material Specification Requirements
- Make sure materials are properly packaged and labelled. Verify and label of rolls (Tricot/ PP/ Fabric / Nonwoven etc.) and Roll Packaging Requirements.
- Ensure that delivery of raw materials to the relevant workstation in the factory are on time.
- Ensure materials are not damaged on route to the factory.
- Ensure all factory returns are recorded and labelled.
- Ensure raw materials are stored safely and securely.
- Ensure delivery note matches goods received.
- Check goods Physically ie. Color, width & Ensure C.O.C Included (If a Requirement)
- Where required, submit samples to Quality Department.
- Place Quarantine labels on rolls not approved by Quality Department.
- Housekeeping – keep stores clean, systemised and organised.
- Returns from factory must be handled in a timely manner.
- Stocktake of Raw Materials & Issuing of Raw Materials & hi-light irregularities to warehouse manager.
- Assist in recon of stock
- Push ‘flow’ of stock
- Reading and interpreting of job cards
- Data capturing
Qualifications and Skills
- Technical knowledge
- Manufacturing software experience eg syspro – an advantage
- Production processes and operations.
- Quality experience
- Experience in Issuing & receiving of stock
- 1-2 years experience in similar role
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent