Department Human Resources
Human Resources Process Administrator: Benefits and Administration (post level 12)
Job ID: 2421
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for Human Resources and benefit administration. This includes (amongst others):
- Capture information of staff on PeopleSoft System and type letters to staff members.
- Handle administration with regard to medical schemes (applications, additions, terminations).
- Handle administration with regard to study benefits, that is, capture on PeopleSoft, type letters and send for scanning.
- Adhere to Human Resources policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Adhere to service level agreement with other sections of HR and with clients.
- Ensure data integrity and quality assurance.
- Handle recruitment administration. This includes, amongst others:
- Placement of advertisements on all advertising platforms as used by the UFS.
- Handle queries regarding the advertised jobs and provide correct information.
- Make travel arrangements for the shortlisted candidates and arrange for payment/reimbursement.
- Responsible for relocation administration for newly appointed staff members.
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Effective communication with clients, both internal and external, on ad-hoc queries.
- Provide a professional, knowledgeable and friendly service to clients, ensuring a prompt response to queries and requests.
- Handle all other administration with regard to HR Department at the Qwaqwa Campus.
- A relevant degree.
- One (1) to two (2) years’ relevant experience in Human Resources.
- Computer literate (MS Word, MS Excel, Internet, email).
- Extensive knowledge of Human Resources practice, policies and procedure.
- Business acumen.
- Results orientated.
- Strategic thinking.
- Building coalitions
Assumption of duties:
1 September 2018 or as soon as possible.
7 August 2018.
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 058 7185096/ 5097.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department / division.
Applications may only be submitted online. All applications must be accompanied by the following:
- A detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter.
- Copies of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications).
- A copy of your identity document (ID).
The UFS will only consider applications of candidates who meet all the inherent requirements of the position. Applications that are incomplete, or sent by fax or e-mail, will not be considered. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.
External candidates can click HERE to apply online.
UFS staff members can log onto PeopleSoft, click on Self Service, then on Recruiting, and then on Careers to apply online.