I will start by saying are you are what even working hard can end up not making you a celebrity or else laborers would have topped the list. I think that being good at something is not going to be enough either.
So, what is it that makes a celebrity?
Traditionally, the society has seen three types of celebrity.
- Those who are exceptionally good at something & more importantly creating value out of that thing. People like McDonald KK, Leon Schuster, Bruce Lee, Michael Jackson etc.
- People favored by luck include kids of celebrities, business tycoons, politicians,etc or maybe some contest winners.
- The leaders. This is one domain where a common man like you and me with no gifted talents can make a mark. If you are a good leader you can be the best of the celebrity like Akbar the great, Hitler, Barack Obama to name a few. And if you already aren’t a good leader this is something you can learn. Currently, politicians & social activists consist major part of this group.
Now, the question arises that the list is already so crowded, even if I become a good leader how different can I be from the rest?
Well, this is something you will have to figure out yourself. Some issues that very few have pointed out yet and not so successfully.
So, assuming that you are an average individual with an average network below are the steps for being a celebrity.
- Increase your network. Make as many friends as possible, use social media, throw parties, join a club etc.
- On a predecided day, ask them to gather at one point (try to reach 1000+ numbers) and march through the streets of your city with an agenda (legalize m*rij*ana as an example). Grab some media attention by using some harsh words against anything or anyone (it does not matter).
- Once you have a little attention from local people go for a second rally this time a little bigger (3000+ people).
- Include some goons in that rally and ask them to destroy some public property and create a nuisance.
- As the police interfere, take responsibility for their actions and surrender and get bailed.
- By this time you must have made news for some TV channels. Go to talk shows and praise weed and its effects comparing it to alcohol.
- By that time you are popular enough to reach out for other celebrities who smoke weed say snoop dog or even someone less popular.
- And, if you are able to convince him to march with you in a rally, you are a celebrity, my friend.