The Genesis Educational Foundation Trust was set up with the specific objective of assisting Economics students from previously disadvantaged backgrounds to pursue their postgraduate degrees in Economics or related disciplines.
Bursars are required to complete bi-annual internships which are communicated throughout the year. Bursars may also be required to join Genesis on full-time employment after completing their studies.
Eligibility and Criteria
Students must meet the following criteria to be considered for a bursary:
• EE candidates as defined by the Employment Equity Act of South Africa
• Must be eligible for registration for an Honours or Master’s degree in the following academic year
• Qualifications include Economics or related disciplines eg. B Bus Sci in Management Specialising in Economics, Development Economics, Monitoring and Evaluation, and Politics, Philosophy and Economics (PPE)
• Students must be eligible to study at a reputable university either locally or internationally
• A minimum of a 65 % average during all undergraduate and Honours studies
Applications are open and will close at 16h00 on 4 August 2017.
How do I apply for a bursary?
Apply online using the link below. You will need to submit the following documentation:
• A motivational letter
• A comprehensive CV
• Certified copies of your academic transcripts for every year of study
• A certified copy of your South African identity document
• An assignment from the current year of study.
• Applications are screened against the eligibility criteria listed above
• You will be asked to complete an online case study assessment
• An initial exploratory telephonic interview will be held
• Shortlisted candidates will undergo a panel interview
• Successful candidates are ratified by the Trustees after which a bursary is confirmed and awarded.
Please note that emailed applications will not be considered.