POSITION: DISTRIBUTION CENTRE MANAGER
DEPARTMENT: SUPPLY CHAIN (Durban, Cape Town)
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To lead, manage and coordinate the optimum financial and operational performance of the Distribution Centre through entrenching a performance based culture of continuous improvement and health and safety awareness in line with the Sikhula Kunye Culture.
- Manage the financial and operational performance of Distribution Centre by reducing costs and increasing efficiency and effectiveness
- Management of Temporary Employment Service (TES) Providers
- Production and Capacity Planning – space; people and equipment & technology
- Provide input towards Distribution Centre strategy and implement the plan
- Interpret and communicate Supply Chain plans to Distribution Centre teams.
- Custodian of Distribution Centre culture, values and principles in line with SK culture
- Entrenching performance based culture of continuous improvement in line with SK culture
- Ensure operations and processes are aligned for new projects
- Manage capacity of staffing through head count
- First line management of Industrial Relations
- Together with direct line managers, identifies, manages and facilitates the development priorities / training needs and processes & solutions of Distribution Centres
- Implementation and optimization of supply chain strategy, applying processes and methodologies in accordance with best practice
- Risk Management of the facility
- Manages alignment with internal and external stakeholders (including Buying; Planning; Suppliers and Pepkor Logistics)
JOB INCUMBENT REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 8 years of accumulative management experience in a Distribution Centre
- Appropriate Tertiary Qualification
- Experience in DC processes
- Proficient in MS Office – special focus in Excel
- Experience with warehouse management systems
- Good understanding of Legislation and application of Industrial Relations
- Competencies: Learning and Adaptability; Courage: Passion; Authenticity; Relationship skills; Communication; Leadership and team effectiveness; Strategic Planning; Judgement and Decision making; Execution
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, 17 May 2018
If you are interested in applying for the above position and meet the minimum requirements, please submit your CV, ID and certificates with an internal application form.
If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of the closing date of this position, please regard your application as being unsuccessful.
Pep strives for equal opportunity in terms of its employment equity guidelines.