4 July 2016 – Need to study but can’t afford to? Why not apply
The Vodacom External Bursary Programme enables South African citizens to obtain bursaries for full-time studies at accredited tertiary institutions for degrees at undergraduate level in specific fields of study, which meet the particular needs and skills requirements of the Vodacom Group.
The External Bursary Programme is intended to contribute to the establishment of a robust pipeline of entry level talent, while taking the company’s transformation agenda into consideration.
Since the scheme was started in 1999, more than 1 000 bursaries have been awarded.
Areas of study
Applicants can apply for a Vodacom Bursary if they intend to gain a qualification in one of the following fields of study:
- Electrical or Electronic Engineering (Light Current only)
- Actuarial Science
- Mathematic/Mathematical Sciences
- Information Technology
- BSc Computer Science
- BSc Computer Engineering
- Information Systems
- Bcom (Accounting/Finance/Economics)
- Digital Marketing
Who is eligible to apply?
Applicants need to meet the following requirements:
- be a South African citizen
- undertake full-time undergraduate studies in a South African tertiary institution
- pass Grade 12 with exemption
- obtain a minimum “B” symbol in both Mathematics and Science Higher Grade
- be younger than 25 years
- applicants may apply if already first year (or higher) of studies in an accredited South African tertiary institution and meet all criteria above
How to apply?
- Download the Vodacom Foundation Bursary application form, click here: Vodacom Bursary Application Form (PDF, 70 KB) or visit the Career Wise website.
- Complete the form & email to email@example.com
- Form can also be faxed to 086 609 7183
- Applications for bursaries open on 1 July and must be submitted by 30 August 2017.
Before submitting your application, please consider our eligibility requirements. The following questions will assist you in establishing whether you should apply for this bursary or not:
- Am I applying for one of the listed fields of study?
- Do I meet all the minimum requirements as stipulated above?
- Am I a South African Citizen?
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted, if you are not invited for an initial interview, consider your application as unsuccessful. Please note that preference will be given to historically disadvantaged individuals
For further information, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org