ABOUT THE COMPANY
SASA is a member association, who are committed to furthering the anaesthesia discipline at an academic and clinical level.
AbbVie focuses on combining advanced science, with exceptional skills to solve health crises around the globe.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
AbbVie (Pty) Ltd and the South African Society of Anaesthesiologists (SASA) have partnered to provide scholarship funding for postgraduate students and medical officers, who are pursuing further training in anaesthesia.
A maximum of 15 scholarships will be awarded annually, to the maximum value of R12 500 each.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen/ students from any of the SADEC countries,
- Current postgraduate student at a South African University,
- Registered for independent practice at a academic hospital within South Africa,
- Anaesthesia registrars (who must be/ become a SASA trainee member),
- Medical Officer.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the AbbVie and SASA Scholarship Application Form (pdf).
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Your full Curriculum Vitae,
- Full academic history (certified copies),
- Certificates/ achievements,
- Motivational essay (explaining why you should be awarded the scholarship),
- Endorsement by the Head of Department.
Please also download and read the AbbVie and SASA Scholarship Info (pdf).
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted via:
1) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Post/ Hand delivered:
The SASA National Secretary
Abbvie Scholarship in Anaesthesia
PO Box 1935
31 October annually.
For any scholarship queries, please contact:
Tel: 031 368 2530